TLRC wishes to extend its warmest congratulations to the recently concluded Dairy Congress and Expo 2006 where it was attended and participated in by TUCS Group Manager, Lauren Teena D. Velasquez and TACD Supervising TLOO, Ms. Florianne Quejada.
Following information were taken from the Dairy Congress 2006 complimentary magazine.
This year's expo theme was entitled "Todo Asenso, Mag Dairy Business Tayo!"
DAIRY CONFEDERATION OF THE PHILIPPINES
A BRIEF BACKGROUND
* KKMI (Katipunan ng Kooperatiba ng Maggagatas Ink.)
* CEFEDCO (Cebu Federation of Dairy Cooperative)
* NFMDC (Northern Mindanao Federation of Dairy Cooperative)
* FEDDAFC (Federation of Davao Dairy Farmers Cooperatives)
* SMFDC (Sta Maria Dairy Farmers Cooperative)
25 January 1993
The DAIRYCON is an avenue for dairy farmers in the discussion of common interests affecting the dairy farming sector in particular, and the dairy industry in general.
The DAIRYCON has grown numbers from the original 2,303 farmer members in 1993 to 3,463 dairy farmers in 2005.
* Federation Level (KKMI, FEDDAFC, CEFEDCO, NMFDC)
* Primary Level (FEMUCO, SMFDC, OLDAPRIMCO, BADACO, TDCI)
* NGO level (DDFPI)
* Private Level
(DVF Dairy Farm (associate member)
Tribo Zambaleno Dairy Cooperative
Total Rural Development
Nueva Ecija Federation of Dairy Buffaloes Cooperative
* Dairy Development Foundation of the Philippines, Inc.
* National Dairy Authority
* Local Govenment Units
* Jaycee and Rotary Club International
* Foundation for Resource and Linkage Development (FRLD)
* Advocacy through the holding of farmers' congress and campaigns in support of national milk feeding program and local dairy capacity building
* In-house development via staff development. Loan fund development, and membership expansion
* Business operation and trading of farm needs, plant needs and milk products.