Two or more persons associated with one another as principals or contributors of capital in a business or joint venture. Its powers and liabilities are dependent on its members to the extent defined in the Articles of Partnership.
The Steps in Business Registration:
- DTI-BTRCP Registration - It is necessary to register your business with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Bureau of Trade Regulation and Consumer Protection (BTRCP) because you will gain the exclusive right to establish and use your business name. It also offers protection from those could take advantage of your name. These government agencies see to it that there is no duplication in the use of names.
- SECURITIES and EXCHANGE COMMISSION (SEC) REGISTRATION - If your enterprise is a partnership or a corporation, this is where you will register. It will issue a certificate of registration.
- Barangay Clearance - You register with the specific barangay in the municipality or city where you will operate your business. This office will issue the barangay clearance.
- Registration with the Local Government - You register with the municipality or city where you will set up your business. This office will issue the business permit. (Business Permit and License, Locational Clearance, Barangay Micro Business Enterprise)
- B.I.R. Registration - You register your business with this office and apply for your business’s taxpayer identification number (TIN), registration of books of accounts, authority to print.
- SSS Registration - You register your business as an employer, yourself as a self-employed or as employee, and your workers as employees. This office will issue an SSS number for your business, for yourself, as well as for your workers.
- DOLE Registration - If you employ five workers or more, register your business with this agency. The DOLE is asked to promote gainful employment opportunities, protect workers and promote their welfare, develop human resources, and maintain industrial peace.
- PHILHEALTH - The New National Health Insurance Act (RA 7875) as amended by RA 9241 requires all employers of the government and private sectors and their employees to register with this agency. PhilHealth manages and administers the government health care system.
- Manila Electric Co. (MERALCO) - Securing electric services connection for business in MERALCO franchise area; local electric utility firms for companies locating in non-MERALCO franchise area.
- Maynilad Water Company and/or Manila Water Company for firms locating in Metro Manila and for firms locating outside Metro Manila - Securing Water services. Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA)
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT), Bayantel, Digitel, Smart and Globelines - Securing Telephone services connection.
- Registration with other offices - You may be required to register with other agencies of government, depending on your type of business. Some examples are the Bureau of Food and Drug, Garment and Textile Board, Department of Tourism, Philippine National Police.